We've moved!

Redirecting you to lublyou.com

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

new york city

lomography manhattan rooftop

On our big trip from Moscow to Sandpoint we had a stop in New York. It's impossible to fly to Idaho directly which is hard of course but at the same time we have many great friends in the city who we haven't seen in a long time. It was a blast! We arrived on Thursday afternoon and left on Saturday early morning. I am so glad we stayed for a little bit! Our friend Alex invited us to look at his office and as a bonus led us up to a rooftop! It was my first time on a Manhattan rooftop (except for my Empire State building visit haha) and I loved it so much! I wish I were more prepared and equipped with shorts or pants instead of a mini dress because we did quite a bit of climbing. But as you see I was wearing my favorite lace yellow dress that my mama made for me and my colorful Park Lane sandals (via Asos) - a gift from husband. Oh yeah and I had my white rucksack from Korea and the lovely Golden Half lomo camera! Ben wore his blue Selected Three pants (via Asos, too) and his super cool thrifted brown shoes.

manhattan rooftop
asos shoes manhattan rooftop

After climbing that roof and taking tons of pictures up there we left Alex alone in his office and went for a walk up to Times Square and then further to the Museum of Modern Art. Tip: if you buy tickets online you get a discount! And there's no need to print anything - you can just pick your tickets up at the museum. Both Ben and I have been to New York before but none of us have visited MoMA yet. We recommend it! You might want to have a light jacket with you because in some halls it's freezing cold and this doesn't let you enjoy all the collections enough :-) Our favorites were paintings and drawings!  

museum of modern art manhattan new york

After the museum we walked along the 5th ave, visited Trump Tower, a couple of stores, ate at TGI Friday's and headed back to Brooklyn where our friends lived. There we had homemade burgers, later at night we went to a little Korean restaurant and had bibimbaps (awww, good memories of Korea!) and spent the night with our friends in a bar before heading to the airport. I hope you liked reading about our little adventure. If you have any questions about the city or anything else that I mentioned - please write me! I'd be very happy to help you. I also hope to get some pictures from my lomo cameras soon - it will be an excuse to talk about New York and our friends just a little more.

bushwick new york burgers


Have a nice day!
Katie

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was just in NYC too. I love that place, especially Brooklyn. The MoMa is pretty amazing, though my fav was the guggenheim. Great post!

Contemplating Beauty said...

how exciting to spend some time in NYC and you got to go to the MoMa ya!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...